released 2018, rca records.
Vocal acrobat “Xtina” returns with her first record in 6 years, a triumphant and modern return to form. Already receiving comparisons to Aguilera’s magnum opus “Stripped” and glowing critical reviews! But who cares about other reviews? Not you, since you’re on my site. So at a glance, here are my thoughts~
- Liberation (intro) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Searching for Maria (interlude)
- Maria ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Sick of Sittin’ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Dreamers (interlude)
- Fall in Line (feat.Demi Lovato) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Right Moves (feat.Keida & Shenseea) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Like I Do (feat.GoldLink) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Deserve ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Twice ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- I Don’t Need It Anymore (interlude)
- Accelerate (feat.Ty Dolla $ign & 2Chainz) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Pipe (feat. XNDA) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Masochist ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Unless I’m With You ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Must-Listen : Right Moves, Like I Do, Accelerate, Pipe, Sick of Sittin’
Kudos in particular to the second half, I’d argue its entirety is a must listen.
Skip : Fall in Line, the interludes
I didn’t particularly find Demi’s feature to be very substantial (and that live performance at the Billboard Awards did NOT help matters), and the interludes didn’t contribute much to the overall listening experience (which is crazy considering how integral interludes on her previous albums have been.)
Liberation is available on all major music outlets.